Bill O’Reilly gave a passionate challenge to the black leadership of America to stop the racially divisive politics and to start becoming part of the solution in solving the severe poverty and crime problems that occur in black urban communities of America. He shared the alarming statistic that “young black men commit homicides at a rate of 10 times greater than whites and Hispanics combined!”. In many cases this is happening in their own neighborhoods with black on black crime. This shows that something very wrong is happening in these communities. While crime, drug use, and violence are symptoms, what has caused these communities to slide into such trouble?
O’Reilly went on to identify that approximately 73% of all black babies are born out of wedlock. This starts to give one of the clues. Bill stated that he believes one of the primary causes of these awful statistics is the result of the disintegration of the African American families in the United States. How can this tragic trend be turned around?
While these statistics were focused on the black community in the U.S. there is a nationwide epidemic of people not following God’s plan and discipline of marriage. Instead of a father and mother who have made a commitment under God to each other to choose to remain married through thick and thin, good times and bad, until death do they part, we have an epidemic of children that are now being born as a result of young men and women choosing to follow their own self-gratifying desires as opposed to God’s plan for a healthy family.
What many of these people do not understand is the result of one night of personal gratification and its resultant implications. If conception occurs, an eternal being will be created. In a healthy family environment where the father and mother are submitted to the Word of God (the Bible), the child will have a much better chance to be able to choose at an early age to ask Jesus Christ into their life as their Savior. This will help ensure the child grows in character, faith, and opportunity and more importantly, have an eternal relationship with God the Father and His Son Jesus Christ.
Sadly, with generations of Americans being bombarded with the lies of evolution, atheism, or Churches who do not teach the Bible as the complete, infallible Word of God, we now have a culture that has become ensnared with the world system.
The world system glorifies rebellion to Gods plan and portrays the institution of marriage as some outdated social system that humans have evolved out of. This of course is the ongoing lie from the enemies of God. One of the main statements from the infamous 20th century occultist Aleister Crowley was “Do what thou whilst, that is the whole of the law”. This statement is suspiciously similar to the deception from the serpent in the garden to Eve. While God commanded Adam and Eve not to eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, the serpent deceived Eve’s by working on her temptation to taste the fruit (she desired it) Gen 3:6.
It is the same old lie. Do what you want, it will not hurt you…The Bible warns however to be wary of this old serpent. The Bible states, “Satan goes around like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour.” 1 Peter 5:8 Roaring indeed! Roaring the lies through the entertainment industry and liberal institutions to submit to the temptations of the lust of the eyes, lust of the flesh, and the pride of life 1John 2:16.
At the core, Satan focuses on our natural tendency to gratify self desires. I submit that the destruction of America’s families is one of the successful strategies from Satan that has helped bring our country to its knees, yes even at the verge of being knocked out.
If you are single:
While sexual sin is rampant in our country (consenting and criminal), men and woman have the choice to stand up and become true leaders by example for their communities.
The Solution? Return to the traditional family structure that God intended.
If you are having premarital sexual relations, stop now! If the person you are with really loves you, they will be willing to wait until the steps below are fulfilled.
1. Accept the gift of Salvation its free! Accept God’s free gift of salvation through His Son Jesus Christ, pray and study the Bible daily, and submit your life to God’s wisdom found within His Word. This is the critical, foundational start to be able to start and raise a strong family. Click here to find out how to begin your New Life in Christ!
2. Guys and Gals: Is your devotion to the Lord Jesus Christ more important than anyone else? Future spouse, family, etc? If so you are on the right track! When you start looking for a spouse, first see if they are also submitted to Jesus Christ, beyond what they say, their life style should show you their true character and loyalty to God. If what they do does not match what they claim, beware! If they cannot do what it takes to submit to God, what makes you think they will be able to (or want to) submit their life to you through the covenant of marriage?
3. Guys: Are you willing to love that girl the same sacrificial way that Jesus loved the Church? Comfort her, encourage her, cherish her, protect her, and be accountable to her? Are you willing to do what it takes to be a responsible husband and leave your selfish desires behind in order to be an example to, protect, and lead your family? (1 Tim 5:8, 1 Pet 3:7, Col 3:18-19, Eph 5:28-29, Eph 5:25-26, 1 Cor 11:3, Eph 5:23) You will notice that while the husband is the head of the wife, this is a Christ like serving leadership, not a self-serving leadership.
If the answer is no, then no matter what your lust blinded mind is saying, you do not truly love the girl. Please don’t mess her life up with your selfish use of her body and contribute to the destruction of our society.(Click here to find out what the Bible says about true love: 1Cor 13:1-13, 1john 4:7-8) Once you truly submit your life to Christ, the Holy Spirit will transform you and give you character that truly is ready to sacrificially become a husband and father. This is where you will find a joy and contentment that nothing the world has to offer can match.
4. Gals: Are you willing to be submitted to this man as your husband? Comfort him, encourage him, build him up, be a Godly example and accountable to him? Are you willing to do what it takes to be a responsible wife and leave your selfish desires behind in order to be an example to, protect, and help your husband lead your family? Are you willing to devote your life to him and take on the awesome mantle of motherhood? If not, then do not get married; do not stain your body with sexual sin.
Warning: There are men that know how to manipulate women through charming lies, empty promises and deception. If they are not willing to do what it takes in steps one through three and wait until after marriage for sex, run as fast as you can because no matter what they say or promise, their intent is not to protect you but rather, to use you for their selfish desire. Do not worry about lies from the enemy that you are not good enough or you will never have anyone care for you, God never creates mistakes! Find your first love and contentment in Jesus Christ and His plan for your life will fall into place.
5. The Engagement. When a flight crew is at the end of the runway getting ready for takeoff, they go through a detailed checklist to ensure the aircraft is ready to fly. If there is anything on the checklist that does not pass, the pilot will not attempt takeoff. This is similar to the engagement period prior to marriage. In this time period, you should both start discussing the next possible 60 plus years you are about to devote to each other. While not an exhaustive list, some of the following examples are subjects to discuss.
- Are each of you prepared to submit your marriage to God’s Word and consider His Will first in everything you do, plans and decisions you make? (Deut 13:4, Gal 5:13, Eph 4:32, 1 Thes 5:11, Heb 10:24, Mt 28:19)
- While honoring your father and mother are one of the great ten commandments and should always be followed (even if they might not deserve it Deut 5:16), the relationship dynamic will change as you are now starting a new family. Once married, are you prepared spiritually and mentally to devote yourself to your spouse? Gen 2:23-24, Eph 5:31
- Finances. Do you have a mutually accountable budget plan for your marriage? All asset and debts should be brought to the table and discussed prior to marriage. Are you both in joyful agreement in tithing your first fruits to God?
- Children. Do you both have the same desire and goals in a future family? Are you ready to raise the children by God’s Word no matter the possible persecution from the world? Are you in agreement to the self-sacrifices you will make in order to raise these children to fear and the Lord? This is one of the greatest privileges of discipleship you will ever have. Psalm 127:3-5
- Family verses career. Do you have your priorities in order? Hint: Mt 6:19-20
- And of course, do you 1Cor 13:1-13 love each other?
In short, while marriage is a lifelong maturing process, are you both ready to walk hand in hand into the adventures, trials, joys, and pain of life together submitted to God? If so then your perspective of marriage will be set right! The sexual nature of marriage will become not only a physical but also a spiritual intimacy that is blessed and ordained by God!
In conclusion, if men and women start submitting their lives to God, then families, neighborhoods, and the nation as a whole will start to heal. If they continue to choose the way of the world of the these last days (Romans 1:18-32), then sadly judgment and even the possibility of national destruction may come. May we as a nation repent and turn back to God the Father, His Son Jesus Christ, and His infallible complete Word of God. Amen.
Related study links from GotQuestions.org:
What is the definition of marriage?
What does the Bible say about interracial marriage?
Is it right for a Christian to date or marry a non-Christian?
Does a wife have to submit to her husband?
What is/isn’t a Christian married couple allowed to do, sexually?
How often should a married couple have sex?
What does the Bible say about divorce and remarriage?
I am divorced. Can I remarry?
When is the right time for marriage?
What does the Bible say about engagement?
Why did God allow polygamy in the Bible?
What constitutes marriage according to the Bible?
If a person divorces and remarries, is it always going to be adulterous?
Where should we, as Christians, stand on gay marriage?
Is abuse an acceptable reason for divorce?
What does the Bible say about prenuptial agreements?
What does it mean to be one flesh in a marriage?
How can I restore my marriage?
Is it wrong for a married couple to have sex just for pleasure?
What does the Bible say about remarriage after the death of your spouse?
Does marriage hinder your relationship with God?
What should be the response of a Christian whose spouse has had an affair?
What does the Bible say about a trial separation in a marriage?
Should a married person have a close friend of the opposite sex?
Can a couple who has gotten divorced get remarried?
Will there be marriage in heaven?
What should a Christian do if he or she is married to an unbeliever?
Do I have to confess my adultery to my spouse?
What should be the Christian view of romance?
Making marriage last – what is the key?
What does the Bible say about the concept of a common law marriage?
What does it mean to leave and cleave?
Does the Bible support the Catholic practice of a marriage annulment?
Is it acceptable to God for a husband and wife to have sex while the wife is menstruating / having her period?
Is it wrong for a Christian husband and wife to attend separate churches?
How should a Christian spouse handle an adulterous affair that has resulted in a child?
What should be done if a husband and wife disagree on tithing / how much to give?
What are biblical grounds for divorce?
What does the Bible say about remarriage if a divorce occurred before salvation?
Can/should a Christian who is a virgin marry someone who is not a virgin?
Why is premarital counseling important?
What is the exception clause?
Is it a sin to have a sexual fetish?
Is the idea of a spiritual marriage biblical?
Is it wrong for a husband and wife to have separate bank accounts?
What does the Bible say about handling money in a marriage?
What does the Bible say about an unhappy marriage?
How does one handle conflict in a marriage (or any relationship for that matter)?
I am in the process of getting a divorce. Can I start dating, or do I have to wait until the divorce is final?
How should a Christian wedding be different from a non-Christian wedding?
What should be different about a Christian marriage?
How can married Christians avoid emotional affairs?
Does the Bible advocate arranged marriages?
What is a covenant marriage?
What does it mean to be unequally yoked?
What is the purpose of marriage?
What sort of things should be in Christian wedding/marriage vows?
Should married Christians wear wedding rings?
What does the Bible say about oral sex?
What does the Bible say about BDSM?
Why is sexual temptation a bigger problem for men than for women?
Does the Bible say that abandonment is a valid reason for divorce and remarriage?
Why is marital infidelity so destructive?
If a man has multiple wives and becomes a Christian, what is he supposed to do?
Did women in the Bible have a choice about whom they married?
Why did God allow Solomon to have 1,000 wives and concubines?
What was the purpose of a dowry (Genesis 31:15)?
What was betrothal in biblical times?
What does the Bible say about being a Christian husband?
Why does God hate divorce?
What are the biblical solutions for solving marriage problems?
Why are Christians opposed to marriage equality?
What is a concubine? Why did God allow men to have concubines in the Bible?
Why should I get married?
Is it allowable for a Christian to have a life partner without a civil marriage?
When should a Christian couple seek marriage counseling?
Questions about Family and Parenting
What are to be our top priorities in our family life?
What does the Bible say about birth control?
What does the Bible say about permanent forms of birth control, i.e. a tubal ligation or vasectomy?
What does the Bible say about Christian mothers?
What does the Bible say about Christian fathers?
Are children always a blessing from God?
What does the Bible say about child abuse?
Does God expect all of us to have children?
What does the Bible say about in-vitro fertilization?
Should all mothers be stay-at-home moms?
What are the roles of the husband and wife in a family?
What does the Bible say about Christian blended families?
What does the Bible say about domestic violence?
What does the Bible say about being a good parent?
Should Christians homeschool their children?
How do we honor an abusive parent?
How do you balance leave and cleave with honoring your parents?
Dealing with a mother-in-law…how do I respond to the problem of a mother-in-law who is overbearing, controlling, and meddling?
I want a baby, but my spouse does not. What do we do?
What does it mean to honor my father and mother?
What does God have to say to single mothers?
Is giving a child a Christian education important?
How does the Bible define a good Christian family?
Is it biblically acceptable for a man to be a stay-at-home dad?
I am a parent, how can I let go of my adult children?
What is the biblical way to lead a child to Christ?
What does the Bible say about family?
What does it mean that women are the ‘weaker vessel’ (1 Peter 3:7)?
How should Christian parents handle a teen daughter who has become pregnant?
What does it mean to train up a child in the way he should go?
What does the Bible say about parents leaving an inheritance for their children?
Why do Christians practice the indoctrination of children?
Is being a sperm donor a sin? Is it a sin to use a sperm donor?